The Portaferry Hotel has an enviable location with a wealth of excellent amenities in close proximity to the hotel. From beautiful National Trust stately homes and gardens to superb golf courses such as Royal County Down and Ardglass, not to mention an array of possibilities for world class water sports on the lough itself.
We recommend a visit to The Portico of Ards, in the heart of the town, a heritage centre and a concert venue offering a wide range of amazing live concerts for all – check out their website to show all listings and also our website for over night deals.
Families can enjoy days out at Castle Espie, which is home to Ireland’s largest bird sanctuary with an extraordinary array of ducks, geese and swans and breathtaking views of its 30 acres of woodland. Or why not visit the Exploris Aquarium, which is situated next door to the hotel and offers a diver’s eye view of marine life.
You could also take a trip to Clearsky Adventure Centre and try your aim at archery and laser clay pigeon shooting, or stand a test of skill, focus and balance rock climbing. If you prefer water sports why not try their new activity, coasteering, as well as kayaking and canoeing in Castle Ward Bay or Strangford Lough for a little more adventure.
Gourmets are spoilt for choice too with our own excellent selection of menus from the casual to the more formal.
Upcoming Events @ The Portaferry Hotel
Join us every Friday & Saturday Night, we have live music in our Bar 8.30pm-11.30pm
- 13th – 20th July – Portaferry Gala
- Thursday 18th July – Eamon Killen Live in the Bar @ 8.30pm
- Friday 19th Portaferry Gala Float Parade – Live Music with Warren@8.30pm
- Friday 26th July – Fizzy Fridays – an evening of bottomless Fizz!!!
- Friday 26th July – Night at the Aquarium (Dinner & private tour!)
- Saturday 27th July – Live Music with Terence Smith in the Bar!
- Saturday 27th July – Famous Sailaway Saturdays – EVENT SOLD OUT
- Thursday 1st August – BOOK CLUB!
- Saturday 3rd August – Famous Sailaway Saturdays – EVENT SOLD OUT
- Friday 30th August – Night at the Aquarium (Dinner & private tour!)
- Saturday 31st August – Afternoon of Gin 2pm-6pm – SOLD OUT
- August 2019 – Portaferry Triathlon – date to be released soon!
- Thursday 5th September – BOOK CLUB
- Saturday 7th September – Famous Sailaway Saturdays aboard the St Brendan
- Saturday 21st September – Afternoon of Gin 2pm-6pm – SOLD OUT
- Friday 27th September – Night at the Aquarium (Dinner & private tour!)
- Thursday 3rd October – BOOK CLUB
- Saturday 5th October – Afternoon of Gin
- Friday 25th October – Night at the Aquarium (Dinner & private tour!)
- Thursday 7th November – BOOK CLUB
- Saturday 16th November – Richie Remo LIVE
- Watch out – details to follow soon – “The Alternative Christmas” @ The Portaferry Hotel, we are offering unique parties and events in December”
- The Portico of Ards www.porticoards.com
- FESTIV’ Ards https://www.porticoards.com/whats-on/events/5
- Kirkistown Castle Golf Club www.kirkistowncastlegolfclub.com
- Kirkistown Racetrack www.kirkistown.com
- Kirkistown point to point https://www.p2p.ie/fixtures
- National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Mount Stewart
- Kieron Fitzsimmons https://maccadventure-ireland.com
- Exploris https://www.exploris.org.uk
- Duane Fitzsimons (Tour Guide) https://www.lecalepeninsula.com
- Brigid Watson (Tour Guide) https://ardspeninsulatours.com
- Rademon Estate Distillery – Home of Shortcross Gin & Single Malt Irish Whiskey – www.shortcrossgin.com
- Portaferry Gala www.portaferrygala.com
- Downpatrick Race Course http.//www.downpatrickracecourse.co.uk
- Echlinville Distillery – https://echlinville.com