The Portaferry Hotel has an enviable location with a wealth of excellent amenities in close proximity to the hotel. From beautiful National Trust stately homes and gardens to superb golf courses such as Royal County Down and Ardglass, not to mention an array of possibilities for world class water sports on the lough itself.
We recommend a visit to The Portico of Ards, in the heart of the town, a heritage centre and a concert venue offering a wide range of amazing live concerts for all – check out their website to show all listings and also our website for over night deals.
Families can enjoy days out at Castle Espie, which is home to Ireland’s largest bird sanctuary with an extraordinary array of ducks, geese and swans and breathtaking views of its 30 acres of woodland. Or why not visit the Exploris Aquarium, which is situated next door to the hotel and offers a diver’s eye view of marine life.
You could also take a trip to Clearsky Adventure Centre and try your aim at archery and laser clay pigeon shooting, or stand a test of skill, focus and balance rock climbing. If you prefer water sports why not try their new activity, coasteering, as well as kayaking and canoeing in Castle Ward Bay or Strangford Lough for a little more adventure.
Gourmets are spoilt for choice too with our own excellent selection of menus from the casual to the more formal.
Upcoming Events @ The Portaferry Hotel
Join us every Friday & Saturday Night, we have live music in our Bar 8.30pm-11.30pm
- Why not look at our online Christmas Brochure – Come and experience “The Alternative Christmas” @ The Portaferry Hotel, we are offering unique parties and events from Saturday 1st December”
- Thursday 3rd January – The Book Club
- Saturday 19th January – Afternoon of Bottomless Prosecco & Cockatils (limited tickets available)
- Thursday 7th February – The Book Club
- Thursdays & Friday 14th & 15th February – Romantic Valentines Menu
- Saturday 23rd February – Afternoon of Gin (limited tickets available)
- Thursday 7th March – The Book Club
- Friday 15th March – Murder Mystery Night
- Sunday 17th March – St Patricks Day Trad Music Session
- Thursday 4th April – The Book Club
- May – September – Famous Sailaway Saturdays Return – dates & info to be announced
- July 2019 – Private Bus to the “Open Championship” – call us for details
- The Portico of Ards www.porticoards.com
- FESTIV’ Ards https://www.porticoards.com/whats-on/events/5
- Kirkistown Castle Golf Club www.kirkistowncastlegolfclub.com
- Kirkistown Racetrack www.kirkistown.com
- Kirkistown point to point https://www.p2p.ie/fixtures
- National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Mount Stewart
- Kieron Fitzsimmons https://maccadventure-ireland.com
- Exploris https://www.exploris.org.uk
- Duane Fitzsimons (Tour Guide) https://www.lecalepeninsula.com
- Brigid Watson (Tour Guide) https://ardspeninsulatours.com
- Rademon Estate Distillery – Home of Shortcross Gin & Single Malt Irish Whiskey – www.shortcrossgin.com
- Portaferry Gala www.portaferrygala.com
- Downpatrick Race Course http.//www.downpatrickracecourse.co.uk
- Echlinville Distillery – https://echlinville.com