The Portaferry Hotel has an enviable location with a wealth of excellent amenities in close proximity to the hotel. From beautiful National Trust stately homes and gardens to superb golf courses such as Royal County Down and Ardglass, not to mention an array of possibilities for world class water sports on the lough itself.
We recommend a visit to The Portico of Ards, in the heart of the town, a heritage centre and a concert venue offering a wide range of amazing live concerts for all – check out their website to show all listings and also our website for over night deals.
Families can enjoy days out at Castle Espie, which is home to Ireland’s largest bird sanctuary with an extraordinary array of ducks, geese and swans and breathtaking views of its 30 acres of woodland. Or why not visit the Exploris Aquarium, which is situated next door to the hotel and offers a diver’s eye view of marine life.
You could also take a trip to Clearsky Adventure Centre and try your aim at archery and laser clay pigeon shooting, or stand a test of skill, focus and balance rock climbing. If you prefer water sports why not try their new activity, coasteering, as well as kayaking and canoeing in Castle Ward Bay or Strangford Lough for a little more adventure.
Gourmets are spoilt for choice too with our own excellent selection of menus from the casual to the more formal.
Thursday 3rd March , 8pm – Book Club
Thursday 7th April 8pm – Book Club – new members welcome
We can tailor make packages for you and your guests in our large function room, up to 75 people
- The Portico of Ards www.porticoards.com
- Kirkistown Castle Golf Club www.kirkistowncastlegolfclub.com
- Kirkistown Racetrack www.kirkistown.com
- Kirkistown point to point https://www.p2p.ie/fixtures
- National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Mount Stewart
- Exploris https://www.exploris.org.uk
- Mobile Team Adventure http://www.mobileteamadventure.co.uk
- Brigid Watson (Tour Guide) https://ardspeninsulatours.com
- Portaferry Gala www.portaferrygala.com
- Echlinville Distillery – https://echlinville.com
- Downpatrick Race Course http.//www.downpatrickracecourse.co.uk
- Finnebrogue Woods www.finnebroguewoods.com
- St Patricks Centre www.stpatrickscentre.com
- Tracey’s Farmhouse Kitchen www.traceyfarmshousekitchen.com
- Indie Fude www.indiefude.com
- Castle Espie www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/castle-espie