The Portaferry Hotel has an enviable location with a wealth of excellent amenities in close proximity to the hotel. From beautiful National Trust stately homes and gardens to superb golf courses such as Royal County Down and Ardglass, not to mention an array of possibilities for world class water sports on the lough itself.
We recommend a visit to The Portico of Ards, in the heart of the town, a heritage centre and a concert venue offering a wide range of amazing live concerts for all – check out their website to show all listings and also our website for over night deals.
Families can enjoy days out at Castle Espie, which is home to Ireland’s largest bird sanctuary with an extraordinary array of ducks, geese and swans and breathtaking views of its 30 acres of woodland. Or why not visit the Exploris Aquarium, which is situated next door to the hotel and offers a diver’s eye view of marine life.
You could also take a trip to Clearsky Adventure Centre and try your aim at archery and laser clay pigeon shooting, or stand a test of skill, focus and balance rock climbing. If you prefer water sports why not try their new activity, coasteering, as well as kayaking and canoeing in Castle Ward Bay or Strangford Lough for a little more adventure.
Gourmets are spoilt for choice too with our own excellent selection of menus from the casual to the more formal.
Upcoming Events @ The Portaferry Hotel
Join us every Friday & Saturday Night, we have live music in our Bar 8.30pm-11.30pm
- 13th – 15th July – Portaferry Regatta
- 16th – 22nd July – Portaferry Gala Festival
- Saturday 14th July – Garth Brooks Tribute
- Sunday 15th July – Little Mix Tribute
- Monday 16th July – Johnny Cash Tribute Band
- Tuesday 17th July – Richie Remo Live Concert
- Wednesday 18th July – Derek Ryan
- Thursday 19th July – Bagatelle
- Friday 20th July 7pm – Portaferry Gala Float Parade
- Saturday 28th July – Rodney Crowell @ Portico
- Thursday 2nd August – Book Club
- Friday 3rd August – Elvis @ Portico
- Saturday 18th August – Portaferry Triathlon
- Saturday 18th August – Sailaway Saturdays
- Saturday 1st September – Sailaway Saturdays
- Thursday 6th Septmber – Portaferry Hotel Book Club
- Friday 28th September – Day @ Downpatrick Races
- Saturday 29th September – Afternoon of Gin
- Portaferry Gala www.portaferrygala.com
- The Portico of Ards www.porticoards.com
- FESTIV’ Ards https://www.porticoards.com/whats-on/events/5
- Kirkistown Castle Golf Club www.kirkistowncastlegolfclub.com
- Kirkistown Racetrack www.kirkistown.com
- Kirkistown point to point https://www.p2p.ie/fixtures
- National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Mount Stewart
- Kieron Fitzsimmons https://maccadventure-ireland.com
- Exploris https://www.exploris.org.uk
- Duane Fitzsimons (Tour Guide) https://www.lecalepeninsula.com
- Brigid Watson (Tour Guide) https://ardspeninsulatours.com
- Rademon Estate Distillery – Home of Shortcross Gin & Single Malt Irish Whiskey – www.shortcrossgin.com
- Downpatrick Race Course http.//www.downpatrickracecourse.co.uk
- Echlinville Distillery – https://echlinville.com