The Portaferry Hotel has an enviable location with a wealth of excellent amenities in close proximity to the hotel. From beautiful National Trust stately homes and gardens to superb golf courses such as Royal County Down and Ardglass, not to mention an array of possibilities for world class water sports on the lough itself.
We recommend a visit to The Portico of Ards, in the heart of the town, a heritage centre and a concert venue offering a wide range of amazing live concerts for all – check out their website to show all listings and also our website for over night deals.
Families can enjoy days out at Castle Espie, which is home to Ireland’s largest bird sanctuary with an extraordinary array of ducks, geese and swans and breathtaking views of its 30 acres of woodland. Or why not visit the Exploris Aquarium, which is situated next door to the hotel and offers a diver’s eye view of marine life.
You could also take a trip to Clearsky Adventure Centre and try your aim at archery and laser clay pigeon shooting, or stand a test of skill, focus and balance rock climbing. If you prefer water sports why not try their new activity, coasteering, as well as kayaking and canoeing in Castle Ward Bay or Strangford Lough for a little more adventure.
Gourmets are spoilt for choice too with our own excellent selection of menus from the casual to the more formal.
Upcoming Events @ The Portaferry Hotel
- 16th December – 80’s Disco Night – LIMITED TICKETS LEFT
- 17th December – Santa Sunday Lunch- LIMITED TIMES LEFT
- 23rd December – Christmas Gin Evening – LIMITED TICKETS LEFT
- 25th December – Christmas Day Lunch – SOLD OUT
- 31st December – New Years Eve Bash – SOLD OUT
- Thursday 4th January – Book Club, all welcome
- Saturday 13th January – 2pm-6pm Afternoon of Spirits (sample our extensive range of the Finest Gins, Vodka, Whiskeys & Rums)
- Friday 19th January – David Meade @ The Portico of Ards
- 26th – 28th January – BOOT CAMP WEEKEND WITH SUMMER LOVE
- Thursday 1st February – Book Club, all welcome
- Friday 2nd February – Wine Tasting Extravaganza, Mid to High End Wines
- Saturday 24th February – The Bjorn Identity @ The Portico of Ards
- Portaferry Gala www.portaferrygala.com
- The Portico of Ards www.porticoards.com
- Kirkistown Castle Golf Club www.kirkistowncastlegolfclub.com
- Kirkistown Racetrack www.kirkistown.com
- Kirkistown point to point http://www.p2p.ie/fixtures
- National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Kieron Fitzsimmons http://maccadventure-ireland.com
- Exploris http://www.exploris.org.uk
- Duane Fitzsimons http://www.lecalepeninsula.com
Offers walking tours and historical talks, a personal tour guide.