The Portaferry Hotel has an enviable location with a wealth of excellent amenities in close proximity to the hotel. From beautiful National Trust stately homes and gardens to superb golf courses such as Royal County Down and Ardglass, not to mention an array of possibilities for world class water sports on the lough itself.
Families can enjoy days out at Castle Espie, which is home to Ireland’s largest bird sanctuary with an extraordinary array of ducks, geese and swans and breathtaking views of its 30 acres of woodland. Or why not visit the Exploris Aquarium, which is situated next door to the hotel and offers a diver’s eye view of marine life.
You could also take a trip to Clearsky Adventure Centre and try your aim at archery and laser clay pigeon shooting, or stand a test of skill, focus and balance rock climbing. If you prefer water sports why not try their new activity, coasteering, as well as kayaking and canoeing in Castle Ward Bay or Strangford Lough for a little more adventure.
Gourmets are spoilt for choice too with our own excellent selection of menus from the casual to the more formal.
- Last Thursday of each Month – Portaferry Hotel Book Club
- 17th June – Craft Ale Day
- 22nd-25th June – Sails and Sounds Festival
- 16th-22nd July – Portaferry Gala Week
- 26th August – Afternoon of Gin
- 2nd December – Christmas Murder Mystery
- 9th December – Traditional Christmas Party Night
- 16th December – 80’s Disco Night
- 23rd December – Christmas Gin Evening
- 25th December – Christmas Day Lunch
- 31st December – New Years Eve Bash
- Portaferry Gala www.portaferrygala.com
- Portico of Ards www.porticoards.com
- Kirkistown Castle Golf Club www.kirkistowncastlegolfclub.com
- Kirkistown Racetrack www.kirkistown.com
- Kirkistown point to point http://www.p2p.ie/fixtures
- National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Kieron Fitzsimmons http://maccadventure-ireland.com
- Exploris http://www.exploris.org.uk
- Duane Fitzsimons http://www.lecalepeninsula.com
Offers walking tours and historical talks, a personal tour guide.