The Portaferry Hotel has an enviable location with a wealth of excellent amenities in close proximity to the hotel. From beautiful National Trust stately homes and gardens to superb golf courses such as Royal County Down and Ardglass, not to mention an array of possibilities for world class water sports on the lough itself.
We recommend a visit to The Portico of Ards, in the heart of the town, a heritage centre and a concert venue offering a wide range of amazing live concerts for all – check out their website to show all listings and also our website for over night deals.
Families can enjoy days out at Castle Espie, which is home to Ireland’s largest bird sanctuary with an extraordinary array of ducks, geese and swans and breathtaking views of its 30 acres of woodland. Or why not visit the Exploris Aquarium, which is situated next door to the hotel and offers a diver’s eye view of marine life.
You could also take a trip to Clearsky Adventure Centre and try your aim at archery and laser clay pigeon shooting, or stand a test of skill, focus and balance rock climbing. If you prefer water sports why not try their new activity, coasteering, as well as kayaking and canoeing in Castle Ward Bay or Strangford Lough for a little more adventure.
Gourmets are spoilt for choice too with our own excellent selection of menus from the casual to the more formal.
Upcoming Events @ The Portaferry Hotel
- Sunday 11th March – Mothers Day Lunch – complimentary glass of bubbles for all Mummies who dine
- Saturday 17th March – St Patrick’s Day Trad Session in the Bar 2pm-5pm
- Friday 31st March – Tuesday 3rd April – Easter Specials – check accommodation offers!
- Thursday 5th April – Book Club
- Saturday 14th April – Afternoon of Gin
- Thursday 3rd May – Book Club
- Saturday 12th May – 4 in a Bar @ Portico of Ards
- Friday 18th May – Day at Downpatrick Races (1pm)
- Friday 25th May – Dumigans May Ball
- Friday 25th May – Monday 28 May – FESTIV ARDS – @ Portico
- Thursday 7th June – Book Club
- Saturday 9th June – Elvis @ Portico
- 28th June – 1st July – Portaferry Sails & Sounds Festival
- 13th – 15th July – Portaferry Regatta
- 16th – 22nd July – Portaferry Gala Festival
- Saturday 21st July 2pm – Portaferry Gala Float Parade
- Thursday 2nd August – Book Club
- Saturday 18th August – Portaferry Triathlon
- Portaferry Gala www.portaferrygala.com
- The Portico of Ards www.porticoards.com
- FESTIV’ Ards http://www.porticoards.com/whats-on/events/5
- Kirkistown Castle Golf Club www.kirkistowncastlegolfclub.com
- Kirkistown Racetrack www.kirkistown.com
- Kirkistown point to point http://www.p2p.ie/fixtures
- National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Kieron Fitzsimmons http://maccadventure-ireland.com
- Exploris http://www.exploris.org.uk
- Duane Fitzsimons http://www.lecalepeninsula.com
- Downpatrick Race Course http.//www.downpatrickracecourse.co.uk