If interested please download application form and once completed
email to email@example.com or post to Portaferry Hotel, 10 The Strand, Portaferry BT22 1PE
Temporary Bar/Waiting Staff
- Have excellent English language skills.
- Preferably have previous experience in hospitality.
- Uphold the company ethos through the delivery of excellent customer service to all of our clients.
- Work well under pressure and seek support from colleagues and management where necessary.
- Enjoy working flexible hours and be eager to assume new roles within the industry
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times
- Actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels
- Adhere to standard procedures if working in other hotel departments
- Wear clean suitable uniform & name badge at all times and ensure a high level of personal hygiene and grooming
- Observe all requirements under Health & Safety regulations
- To upkeep the company’s equal opportunities policy to ensure a neutral working environment
- To keep staff/work areas tidy, safe & report any hazard, accident or loss or damage to management and observe all requirements under current health & safety regulations
Hours and Salary to be discussed
Part Time Night Porter
- To meet, greet and help carry guests luggage on arrival and departure.
- To check in to the hotel all guests arriving late at the hotel according to hotel procedures and policies.
- Answer the hotel switchboard in a courteous and helpful manner. Taking messages on behalf of guests and management and ensuring such messages are passed on promptly and accurately.
- Selling on of bedrooms during the night to reputable clientele in accordance with hotel procedures.
- The Service of light food and drinks to hotel residents and to bona fida guests of the residents and to account properly for all such transactions.
- Accounting accurately for all monies and charges on behalf of the hotel and ensure that all such monies and charges are transferred to the duty receptionist in the morning.
- Regular security patrols to ensure (a) Safety of our guests, (b) Safety of our staff, (c) Safety and security of the premises and its property, ensuring that all exterior door and windows are secured and alarmed. These patrols take place at regular intervals throughout the night and should focus on fire safety in particular.
- To work in accordance with the weekly staff roster issued by management and to notify the duty Manager of any illness by 3pm in the afternoon prior to the start of the shift.
- To be responsible for the routing cleaning of public areas and toilets within the hotel as outlined in your nightly checklist.
- Service of early morning refreshments and breakfasts to hotel residents.
- The up-keep and implementation of standards with the department in accordance with quality system agreed
- Carry out any special cleaning of specific task (Job of the Day) as well as normal service required in specified length of time
- To operate plant & machinery with due care and attention ensuring adherence to health & safety procedures
- To carry out the hotels customer care policies at all times
- To communicate hotel services to guests
- To ensure that you present to work wearing the relevant uniform and to the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and appearance
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises
- To ensure that house policies regarding lost property are complied with at all times
- To comply with all statutory and legal requirements and Health & Safety, Fire, Hygiene, licensing and Employment, ensuring that you are fully aware and practice the Hotels policies and procedures in these important areas.
- To be flexible with regard to working hours in order to handle any unexpected requirements.
Hours and Salary to be discussed
If we have no current vacancies and you would be interested in working for us, please complete an application form which we can keep on file and contact you if anything does become available.